The aims of European Anti-Violence Network are scientific, educational and research oriented. EAVN's activities include the design and implementation of research, educational or other scientific activities aimed at primary, secondary or tertiary prevention of domestic violence by means of the investigation of and/or confronting of social or other factors that are directly or indirectly related to violence phenomenon and especially Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). More specifically, EAVN carries out its mission through activities such as:
* development of educational and awareness raising material (leaflets, books, etc),
* design, implementation and evaluation of:
- information and awareness raising activities targeted to the general population
- primary and secondary prevention interventions targeted to adolescents (e.g. at schools)
- training seminars targeted to professionals of various disciplines (educators/teachers, health, mental health and social care professionals, police officers and other public order professionals, judicial and legal professionals, etc.)
* provision of information to victims of domestic violence and referal of victims to shelters, counseling centers, etc.
* design and conduct research
* network organisations whose activities are related to prevention and combating of domestic violence (develop synergies with organisations, other networks, etc.).