Welcome to the virtual workspace of the European Network for Women in Digital (EWiD)!
Women are nearly absent from digital fields, whether as STEM students and teachers, speakers and panelists at tech events, senior managers in ICT companies, and entrepreneurs and digital start-up founders. A lot is happening at national and local levels to address this digital gender gap. But how can we capture those efforts into critical mass for greater impact?
EWiD aims to promote greater participation of girls and women in digital studies and careers across the EU by connecting organisations of all kinds in order to:
- Amplify effort to close the digital gender divide
- Champion diversity in digital-related projects, events, networks and media
- Promote "women in digital" as the norm rather than the exception; and
- Harness the power of partnership to achieve all the foregoing.
Join the network if you agree that increased effort is needed to:
- Combat gender stereotypes and promote female role models in digital fields
- Equip women of all ages with digital skills and encourage girls to take up STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) studies and careers
- Achieve gender diversity in the ICT sector and greater participation of women in digital studies and careers across the board.
How it works? Organisations seeking to join EWiD should follow these steps:
- Register for an EuroGender user account (opt for user type Organisation)
- Check the following field in the registration form: I am a member of the European Network of Women in Digital
- Validate your user account and it will be (manually) added to the workspace
- If you already have an EuroGender account, just log in and Request to join the workspace.
Information shared will be made publicly available and searchable by country, type of user, type of stakeholder, area of interest.
This workspace is meant to be a collaborative space where all interested organisations are invited to share information and to exchange opinions (use the online discussion or make a post and enable comments).
Everytime a post is made, an email notification reaches all members of the workspace who enabled EuroGender notifications. To make sure you have your email notifications enabled, check the permissions block in your EuroGender profiles!
Everyone who has has logged-in to their EuroGender accounts is able to upload content (presentations, publications, resports, videos, etc), to comment on posts, to set-up events into the dedicated calendar, and to use all other functionalities of the workspace.
In case you encounter any difficulties accessing the workspace, please contact EuroGender Team at: email@example.com.
We look forward to our fruitful cooperation!