This call concerns the recruitment of 2 unpaid student internships, to support the EWL Secretariat in Brussels to advance its policy and campaigns work for a maximum of 3 months April – June 2018.
As these internships are targeted at students who require work experience as part of their university/school study programme, we are not allowed by law to compensate candidates financially. The European Women’s Lobby has been certified as an “excellent employer” by Interns Go Pro and it committed to upholding the best possible standards in its internships.
The 2 internships will focus on one of the following two particular policy issues. The intern will be based in EWL Secretariat, in Brussels.
- The first, preparations for and support to the annual European Women’s Forum, on the theme of women and power. Tasks include:
- assist and support the EWL’s working group on Women in Politics
- assist and support EWL member-led 50/50 campaign in light of the 2019 European elections
- The second policy issue relates to the EWL’s feminist economics portfolio, which covers issues such as, the gender pay, pension and poverty gaps, women’s employment and the future financial instruments of the EU. Tasks include:
- assist and support the EWL’s working group on Feminist Economics
- assist and support the development of tools for gender budgeting
- assist and support an event on gender budgeting during the European Women’s Forum
The conditions required by Belgian law are the following:
- Applicants must be registered students
- The internship must bring credit points and/or is recommended in the course of studies
- Duration not exceeding 3 months
- There must be a convention with a school/university, which covers the student while in placement (insurance, etc).
We would also expect candidates to have some knowledge of women’s rights / gender equality issues and of European Union policies and institutions.
All information to be found on our website https://www.womenlobby.org/Call-for-2-student-internships-April-June-201...