I'm President and Co-Founder of Quantum Leaps, Inc., a global accelerator for women's entrepreneurshhip in the US. I'm also Co-Head of the US delegation to the Women20 (W20) of the G20 countries, and Chair of the Women's Entrepreneurship Working Group. Note that Women's Entrepreneurship is considered a cross-cutting issue, related to Labor Inclusion, Financial Inclusion, Digital Inclusion, and Inclusive Decision-Making. I wanted to share with you the Women Entrepreneurial issues that will be in the W20 Communique this year.
17. Develop policy frameworks and action plans, and provide financial support, training, and programs to strengthen women's participation in the entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystems and to build women's capacity.
18. Offer incentives and targeted programs to increase the number of women-owned and women led companies, including in ecommerce and STEM.
19. Incentivize the investment community to incorporate a gender lens in their decision-making across all asset classes, and foster the development of gender-responsive business loan officers and investors (including women angel investors and venture capitalists) with a view to increasing women's access to capital.
20. Create conditions to build capacity and increase opportunities for women-owned and women-led businesses to access markets, by setting national year-on-year goals with regard to procurement, international trade and eccommerce. Set a target of a minimum 10% increase in public procurement by 2030 (by a minimum of 10% increase in improvement for each country according to its own baseline). Report on annual progress on women's access to these markets (corporate and public procurement, international trade and ecommerce).
21. Collect sex-disaggregated data to facilitate evidence-based policy to improve women's entrepreneurial research and development as well as international comparison.
Several additional notes:
In the Covid Communique, we have modified the language in #17 to say: "Develop and fund action plans to stimulate femaile participation in entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems by supporting the start-up, scale-up and sustainability of women-owned businesses including in the digital economy." We may be modifying the language in #17 to reflect this.
In addition, under the Menu of Actions, under item #17, we expect to be adding a bullet that says: "Create a Women Entrepreneurial Showcase of Good and Best Practices, including case studies, in order to accelerate learning."