The aim of the international organisations expert's meeting on the EU Gender Equality Index (EU GEI) is in:
- Sharing and comparing common experiences and best practices in measuring gender equality;
- Debating different perspectives and achieving a common understanding of the gender equality concept;
- Defining an exhaustive, relevant and comprehensive theoretical framework of gender equality within the EU 27 Member States.
Particularly organisations who are now developing a gender equality index will provide input on
- which are the priority areas in gender equality?
- how they implement the measurements?
- which obstacles they faced and how did they overcome them?
The participants list includes:
- Christopher Garroway, OECD - statistician
- Jane Hodges, ILO - Director, Bureau for Gender Equality, International Labour Office
- Milena Kadieva, Social watch, gender expert
- Sami Nevala, Fundamental Right Agency, statistician
- Andres Vikat, UNECE, Head of Social and Demographic Statistics Section, Statistical Division