In the context of Finland’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council (EPSCO) will be held in Brussels on December 09 - 10, 2019.
The event will begin in the morning of December 9, when the Council will hold the public debate entitled "Economy of Wellbeing - next steps in investing in health as its key component" as a follow up to the adopted conclusions on the economy of wellbeing from 24 October 2019. Here, ministers will discuss the topic with a focus on the areas of
- mental health,
- healthy ageing
- the relation of wellbeing and the digital society.
The Council will then hold a second public debate on improving access to medicines. Ministers will discuss
- the challenges of the European pharmaceutical system
- possible measures to propose as input to the new Commission in this field.
On December 10, the Council is expected to adopt conclusions on:
- Inclusive labour markets,
- new EU strategic framework on health and safety at work
- gender-equal economies in the EU, where EIGE will present results from its review after the first 25 years of implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action
Furthermore, ministers will hold a public debate on the future of gender equality and gender mainstreaming in the EU.
Please find full EIGE's presentations enclosed and available for download in the Resources tab.