Following our fruitful coperation, I would like to inform you that a Government Reshuffle took place in Greece on the 5th of November, 2016; the new Cabinet has 49 members (the Prime Minister included) but only eight women whose portfolios are the following:
1) Minister for Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity
2) Minister for Administrative Reconstruction
3) Minister for Culture and Sports
4) Minister for Tourism
5) Deputy Minister for Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity in charge of combating unemployment
6) Deputy Minister for Labour, Social Security and Social Solidarity in charge of social solidarity
7) Vice Minister for Interior in charge of Macedonia and Thrace (two Regions in the Northern Greece)
8) Vice Minister for Finance.
The new name of our Ministry has been "Ministry of Interior" now and Ms Foteini Kouvela remains at her post as "Secretary General for Gender Equality".
A first reading from a gender perspective is that women's equal participation in political decision-making still remains a question in Greece.
The Greek side would be grateful if you informed your leadership and the officials of the competent administrative units accordingly.