MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR GENDER EQUALITY - www.isotita.gr
DIRECTORATE FOR DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT OF POLICIES ON GENDER EQUALITY
Athens, 25-7-2017 To: - EIGE.
Following our fruitful cooperation, I am sending you the English version of all eight e-bulletins issued by the General Secretariat for Gender Equality (GSGE), i.e. the governmental organization in charge of equality between women and men, on gender-disaggregated data on the status of the female population in Greece:
- first newsletter on Women and Poverty (March 2016): http://old.isotita.gr/en/var/uploads/2016/Observatory%20-%20First%20e-bulletin%20Women%20and%20Poverty.pdf
- second newsletter on Women in Decision-Making (May 2016): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2016/Paratiritirio_Second%20report_eng.pdf
- third newsletter on Women and Health (September 2016): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2016/Observatory%20third%20e-bulletin%20-%20Women%20and%20Health.pdf
- fourth newsletter on Women and Economy (October 2016): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2016/Observatory%20fourth%20e-bulletin%20-%20Women%20and%20Economy.pdf
- fifth newsletter on Women and Armed Conflicts (December 2016): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2016/Observatory%20-%20Fifth%20e-bulletin%20-%20Women%20and%20Armed%20Conflicts.pdf
- sixth newsletter on Women and Health (January 2017): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2017/Obsevatory%20-%20Sixth%20e-bulletin%20-%20Women%20and%20Health_Jan2017.pdf
- seventh newsletter on Violence against Women (March 2017): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2017/Observatory%20-%20Seventh%20e-bulletin%20-%20Violence%20against%20Women-Trafficking.pdf
- eighth newsletter on Women and Health (April 2017): http://old.isotita.gr/var/uploads/ANNOUNCEMENTS/2017/Observatory%208th%20e-bulletin%20-%20Women%20and%20Health.pdf .
The GSGE is implementing a flagship project on service organisation for the integration, monitoring and evaluation of gender equality policies in all aspects of public sector action. The aim is to support the public administration and local authorities in the design, implementation and evaluation of policies with detailed data on equality issues.
The specialized website http://paratiritirio.isotita.gr/genqua_portal/ serves as a portal on useful data divided among the twelve priority areas of the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA). The access is free and open to all Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations and Institutions, as well as to all citizens and individuals. In that way, everyone can have accurate statistical background whenever he/she designs, implements or evaluates policies on gender equality aiming at the advancement of the status of women and girls in Greece.
Moreover, it is underlined that on page 40 at the 2015 Annual Report on Equality between Women and Men in the European Union (European Commission, March 2016, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/gender-equality/files/annual_reports/2016_annual_report_2015_web_en.pdf ) there has been a positive reference to the specific Greek project.
The e-bulletins take advantage of data derived from the Hellenic Statistical Authority (ELSTAT) as a follow-up of the activation of a Protocol of Cooperation between the General Secretariat for Gender Equality and ELSTAT, and they are also supported by lively graphs, diagrams and charts made solely by the employees of our organization.
In that way, the gaps are revealed and all stakeholders are invited to common action in favour of substantive equality between women and men in all aspects of public and private life.
The Greek side would be grateful if you informed your leadership and the officials of the competent administrative units accordingly.
Wishing you and all the members of your team the very best,
Dimosthenis TREMOS - firstname.lastname@example.org