Dear Experts' Forum members,
EIGE has just launched its online Gender Equality Glossary and Thesaurus, which features over 400 accurate, up-to-date and gender-sensitive definitions.
The glossary and thesaurus have been developed in cooperation with our stakeholders, including the European Commission, European Parliament and Council of Europe, as well as national machineries for gender equality, academia and partners of EIGE’s Resource and Documentation Centre.
In the future, it will be linked with EuroVoc, the multi-lingual EU-wide thesaurus and will be translated into all official EU languages. The first translated versions will be in French, German and Spanish.
With EIGE’s Gender Equality Glossary and Thesaurus you can :
- find comprehensive definitions of gender equality terms based on official EU, Council of Europe and United Nations documents;
- better understand new terminology in the area of gender equality;
- easily search for terms and download them;
- discover which terms are preferred or outdated and why;
- tag literary resources in indexing or cataloguing work.
We hope you find our communication material useful and we welcome any feedback on the Gender Equality Glossary and Thesaurus. For more information please contact Monika Bystrzycka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for spreading the word to your networks. We will also be covering the launch in Facebook and Twitter, so please share & retweet the message!
Read the news alert here.
Access the Gender Equality Glossary here.
We thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!