Following our fruitful cooperation, I would like to inform you that the General Secretariat for Gender Equality (GSGE), i.e. the governmental organization in charge of equality between women and men in Greece, is implementing an action on gender mainstreaming in culture.
The GSGE, the Greek Film Archive and the WIFT GR (Women in Film and Television Greece) are jointly organizing a three-day film festival entitled "50/50: Gender Equality also in Cinema". The festival will take place at the premises of the Greek Film Archive on 7-9/4/2017 with the support of the Embassy of Sweden in Greece and the Swedish Film Institute.
The opening ceremony of the event will be marked by a panel discussion on the female presence and creation in film industry with film professionals. Our Swedish guest is Ms Helen Ahlsson, Film Commissioner, Director and Producer.
The programme of the festival includes the screening of the following five films:
1) Pure - by Lisa Langseth (produced by Helen Ahlsson - Sweden, 2010)
2) Armwrestler from Solitude - by Lisa Munthe and Helen Ahlsson (Sweden, 2004)
3) Lipstick Under My Burkha - by Alankrita Shrivastava (India, 2016)
4) League of Exotique Dancers - by Rama Rau (Canada, 2016)
5) Exotica, Erotica, etc. - by Evangelia Kranioti (Greece, 2015).
Here is the poster of the event in Greek with its vivid and sharp message associated with the glass ceiling in film industry globally:
The Greek side would be grateful if you informed your leadership and the officials of the competent administrative units accordingly.