One of EIGE`s aims is to keep the Gender Statistics Database as an up-to-date, useful and relevant tool for its users.
Thanks to the valuable input received in the previous online discussions and meetings, a set of priorities has been identified to further develop and improve this tool. Starting in 2017, we consider expanding the scope of the database, enlarging the geographical coverage, improving functionalities and actively communicating the data.
Do these priorities reflect your needs? Join the online discussion and let us know how to make the Gender Statistics Database an even more useful tool for your work.
The online discussion takes place on EuroGender, 13 December 2016, 10.00 am - 4.00pm CET. The page of the online discussion will remain open for your comments the entire day.
The Background document (including proposed priorities) and the Agenda (including questions to be raised during the discussion) can be found under Resource tab.
There are several points on our Online Discussion Agenda (enclosed and available for download), but the following are the main sessions:
10:00 to 10:10: Welcome
10:10 to 12:00: Identifying key priorities
Several action points for further development of the database have been already identified, including: improving functionality of the database, expanding its scope, linkage with existing data sources and dissemination through briefing papers.
12.00 to 13.00: Lunch break
13.00 to 14.30: Telling a story
In order to promote further the usage of the database and keep its visibility alive, EIGE is planning to produce and disseminate regular briefing notes based on data collated in the database.
14:30 to 15:30: Linking with other data sources
During last Experts’ group meeting on EIGE’s gender statistics database the participants raised the need to mainstream the database into other publicly available resources maintained, namely by other statistics producers.
15.30 to 16.00: Q&A
Other questions/comments/suggestions the online audience would like to raise in connection to EIGE’s gender statistics database.
On the day of the online discussion, please login to your EuroGender account in order to be able to post comments. If you are not a registered member of EuroGender, click here to register.
- The online discussion takes place in the form of writing. The window for posting comments will appear at 10.00 CET precisely.
- The window for comments is adjustible in size. You can make it bigger to see more of your written text.
- Click Load all replies to see all previous posts
- Use the window for posting comments only. The facilitators have the additional 'Reply' to that allows them to answer questions you might have asked within your post or raise more questions in connection to your post.
- Chrome browser works far better than Internet Explorer.
- If encountering any difficulties, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you online!