Easily understand the latest data on gender equality from EIGE's experts
EIGE has developed a comprehensive database of key statistics and data on gender equality. Structured to reflect the EU policy-areas and its strategic documents, EIGE’s Gender Statistics Database is a one-stop source for gender statistics in Europe.
To get a full overview of the latest data on gender equality, explore the database and engage with EIGE experts live, join the online discussion on 23 May 2017, 10.00am - 4.00pm CET. Knowledge and expertise on gender statistics are not required as this online discussion doesn't address the technical aspects of the database.
You are invited to join us whenever you have time and - if you have to leave - please know that the page of the online discussion will remain open for your comments the entire day.
There are several points on our Agenda, but the following are the main sessions:
- 10.00 to 10.10 CET: Welcome
- 10.10 to 12.00: EIGE’s Gender Statistics Database - a rich and centralised source of gender statistics for policy-makers
This session briefly presents the database, its browsing structure & search functionalities and invites participants to explore it. Participants will then be asked to provide feedback.
- 12.00 to 13.00: Lunch break
- 13.00 to 14.00: How could the database support your policy work?
We want to hear from you what are the challenges you face when using gender equality data in your policy documents and how the database could help.
- 14.00 to 15.30: Latest figures on women and men in decision making and updates
EIGE has recently taken over the European Commission’s database on women and men in decision-making. This session will focus on this particular dataset and the participants will be guided to explore its 6 entry points, filter and download data in different formats.
During this session, EIGE experts are ready to answer your questions and help you find the gender statistics you need.
On the day of the online discussion, please login to your EuroGender account in order to be able to post comments. If you are not a registered member of EuroGender, click here to register.
- The window for posting comments will appear at 10.00 CET precisely.
- If encountering any difficulties, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you online!