EIGE was recently invited to speak at the regional conference: The Future of the Welfare State in the Western Balkans, taking place in Belgrade, Serbia, on 6-8 June.
The conference aimed to create an opportunity to discuss and exchange views on the strategic choices and options for the future of the welfare state in the Region. It also sought to contribute in bringing social policy challenges to the fore of development and enlargement policies.
EIGE spoke and participated in the “Strengthening Women’s Participation and Empowerment” session.
Facts about the conference:
- Up to 200 participants from the Western Balkans and wider region, EU and beyond in dialogue
- Political representatives, administration, civil society, think tanks, academia, social and development partners
- 4 panel sessions with more than 25 panellists in total
- 13 smaller group sessions on specific welfare state topics featuring over 65 discussants
- 2 regional initiatives as a follow-up to the Conference
You can get more information about the summit (including speakers, programme and practical information) here (http://futureofthewelfarestate.org/).
The draft agenda of the event is available under the RESOURCES tab.
Photos from the event are available under the PHOTOS tab.