The first ASEM conference on "Creating Equal Opportunities in the World of Work’, will be held on 25-26 May, 2017 in Vilnius, at Mykolas Romeris University.
The Conference is organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania (together with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Mykolo Riomerio University), with patronage of H.E. President of the Republic of Lithuania, Ms. Dalia Grybauskaitė, and in partnership of EIGE and Business Women Association.
EIGE´s Director, Virginija Langbakk, will present our study on economic benefits of gender equality and Helena Morais Maceira will talk about how "Closing of gender gap in STEM boosts the productivity and growth".
Focal points of the conference will be the following:
- successful policies and legal provisions that ASEM member countries may wish to share with others;
- institutional mechanisms, including national, regional and local level that ensure equality and reduce gender gaps in political, economic, corporate and public life;
- women leaders and achievers who empower other women work/life reconciliation policies and initiatives;
- new technologies enabling gender equality;
- sharing of unpaid work at home;
- ways to address occupational segregation, advance education for women, including financial literacy and incentives to choose “non-traditional” spheres such as IT for women and nursing, care and teaching for men.
The programme on the event is enclosed and can be downloaded (Resources tab).
More information can be found here.